Frequently Asked Questions
How old do I need to be?
To be a Citipointe Intern in Australia, you must be over 18 years old, or have finished Year 12. The equivalent applies to our NZ and USA Citipointe locations.
Can I work and be an Intern at the same time?
Interns are welcome to work and/or study other courses at University whilst doing the Internship, as long as they are able to maintain the requirements of their Sunday and mid-week Internship days and necessary Church events, according to their enrolled course.
What is the admission process?
- Check out citipointechurch.com/internship
- Review expectations and FAQ on website
- Submit application via website
- Acknowledgement of your Application will be sent within a week of applying
- Your application will be reviewed and your references contacted
- You will be notified about the outcome of your application via email
- If accepted, confirmation and Orientation information will be sent you
- Make the initial enrolment fee payment
- Make personal living, transport and work arrangements
- Arrive for Orientation Day and commence Internship
Do I need a laptop or tablet?
A lot of the practical components and portfolios an Intern will be outworking throughout their Internship will require them to have a laptop and/or tablet as much of what happens within Citipointe Church is organised through Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Elvanto, Basecamp and any other systems that we use to run the world. Therefore, each Intern is required to have some form of device (laptop or tablet) to use throughout the duration of the course. If this is totally not possible in a given case, we are happy to discuss other arrangements.
What are the standards that participants must abide by?
Being a Citipointe Intern is an honour and a privilege. For a whole year you will be part of the behind-the-scenes action of one of Australia’s great churches. With this privilege comes a certain level of responsibility. Part of upholding this responsibility is agreeing to our Citipointe Church Heartbeat Document and other legislative documents.
Can I do my practical work back in my local church?
Of course! You will participate in class at one of the Citipointe locations near you, and can outwork the practical components of the course back through your local church. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long is the course?
The Citipointe Internship is a 1 year course running in 4 x 10 week Terms. We have two intakes each year; one in January (1st Semester) and one in June/July (2nd Semester).